Hobbiton is a movie set and tourist attraction located in Matamata, New Zealand. It was used as the filming location for the Hobbiton village scenes in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit film trilogies. Hobbiton is a popular destination for Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fans as well as those who appreciate the stunning New Zealand countryside.
Hobbiton offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy, including:
- Guided tours of the Hobbiton movie set and village, which includes hobbit holes, gardens, and the famous Green Dragon Inn. The tours provide visitors with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of Middle Earth and learn about the making of the films.
- Sampling local food and drink at the Green Dragon Inn, which offers a range of traditional New Zealand cuisine and Hobbit-themed drinks.
- Shopping for souvenirs and merchandise at the Hobbiton gift shop, which offers a range of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit memorabilia.
- Taking part in special events and activities, such as themed dinners, fireworks displays, and Hobbit-inspired workshops.
- Exploring the beautiful countryside surrounding Hobbiton, with opportunities for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor activities.