Manali is a popular hill station located in the Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is known for its scenic beauty, adventure sports, and pilgrimage sites. Manali is known for its vibrant local market, where visitors can shop for handmade crafts and local products.
Places to visit in Manali:
- Hadimba Temple: A Hindu temple dedicated to the goddess Hadimba, located in the middle of a forest.
- Rohtang Pass: A high mountain pass offering stunning views of the surrounding mountains, glaciers and rivers.
- Solang Valley: A popular destination for adventure activities such as paragliding, zorbing, and snowboarding.
- Vashisht Hot Springs: Natural hot springs with therapeutic properties, surrounded by beautiful scenery.
- Manu Temple: A Hindu temple dedicated to the sage Manu, located in the old town of Manali.
- Bhrigu Lake: A high-altitude lake known for its stunning beauty and spiritual significance.
- Beas River: A river that runs through Manali and is popular for rafting, fishing and picnicking.
- Jogini Waterfall: A scenic waterfall surrounded by dense forests and meadows.
- Jagatsukh Temple: An ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Nehru Kund: A natural spring named after India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru.
Best time to visit Manali is from April to June and September to November.
Activities to do in Manali:
here is a list of popular activities to do in Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India:
- Trekking: Manali offers a variety of trekking trails, from easy to challenging, with stunning views of the mountains, forests, and glaciers.
- Rafting: The Beas River offers exciting white-water rafting opportunities for adventure enthusiasts.
- Paragliding: Manali is one of the best destinations for paragliding in India, with a range of scenic locations for take-off and landing.
- Snowboarding and skiing: Solang Valley is a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts, with ski lifts and instructors available.
- Mountain biking: Explore the rugged terrain and scenic routes of Manali on a mountain bike.
- Temple visits: Visit the Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, and Jagatsukh Temple to learn about the local culture and history.
- Natural hot springs: Soak in the therapeutic waters of the Vashisht Hot Springs and the Rishi Hot Springs.
- Jeep safari: Take a jeep safari to explore the remote mountain villages, scenic valleys, and high-altitude lakes.
- Shopping: Visit the local bazaar to buy traditional handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs.
- Adventure sports: Try your hand at zorbing, bungee jumping, and other adventure sports in Solang Valley.